Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 10 (5/23)

Friday, May 23
morning: Leopold (art museum)
afternoon: free

It's morning we met in the lobby at 9:15 AM to sign some paper work to leave Vienna for the weekend and we got €200. Then at 9:30 AM we left the hotel to go to the Leopold music, which was not my favorite. It was a lot of naked women drawings and men too. So I got more than my fair share of that kind of genital viewing...I know the body is art and all that, but I'm a 20 year old American college student, and just don't really like to see that kind of stuff, I have trouble viewing it as art.
So when we were done there by 12pm, our Hallstatt group went to get lunch and our tickets.
We ended up just eating hot dogs at a little stand close to the museum.
Then we went to Westbahnhof to get our train tickets for Saturday.
Then we went to the Muller store in the Westbahnhof to get a few things, its like a nice walmart with no produce section.  I bought corny bars, dextrose energy squares, and some awesome pens! And on the way the U-Bahn people were holding out free Mammer, advertising some political thing, and Alan I kept looping around and got six total free ones, and free Coke zero for another advertising thing. Then I also bought five apples for 1.66 euros and we then headed back to the hotel.
We got back and sat on the roof for about an hour and a half. Then at 4:30 PM we left the hotel to go shopping. We went to the Jack Wolfskin store, I really want to buy jacket, so I looked and looked and finally settled on a white and greenish one, that bridges the gap between winter coat and rain jacket/hoodie, it is super nice!
So we went towards Stephansplatz for dinner, we stopped at a few souviner places on the way. We ended up eating at Chattanooga, some outdoor café. So I got a burger, and it had lettuce, fried onion, and American sauce on it (something like thousand Island). After dinner there, we went to café Europe, for someone to get spaghetti eis. I ordered a chocolate banana ice cream dish thing it was so yummy, I ate it all by myself!
 After dinner we walked toward the opera house. We stopped at a really nice souvenir shop! I bought some T-shirts and my mom candleholder! Then on the street we saw a group of street musicians and they were really really good! It was an accordion, big triangle bass guitar thing (I think it was hungarian, starts with a B), and a hammer harp thing. They were terrific!


Then we stood outside the opera house where the giant




screen is to watch it for free! It seemed like a really cool opera, kind of dark, but really neat!
So then we caught the U-bahn back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.