Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 9 (5/22)

Thursday, May 22
9:30-12 Kunsthistoriches Museum (group presentations)
2:30-5 Natural Science and History Museum

This morning the whole group and took the street train to the art history Museum and went into do our presentations on our assigned art object. Alan, Katie, and I went second I was so glad to get it over with. We presented on a bronze nude Apollo statue, super fun right?
So after presentations for two hours me went to lunch at Pesco, an Italian restaurant with outdoor seating. I wanted to order just a pizza and a drink, but there is a special for salad, cheese cake, and pizza for €10 but I don't eat salad or cheesecake and the waitress kept insisting I get the special ....for a couple extra euros for stuff I wasn't going to eat.
The pizza I got was called Diavlo and had spicy pepperoni on it and it was the best pizza I've had here yet! I ate three fourths of it, it was so delicious. After lunch we went to the natural science Museum across from the art history Museum is mostly just a bunch of stuffed animals (taxidermy). There was some really cool things there but it was a really huge museum, so it got extensive.
I bought a couple of small stones a Geode and swirly rock and some postcards in the gift shop. After the museum we took the U-Bahn to the nasht market to shop and look around. The Nasht Market was a long strip of street with a lot of vendors selling shirts, T-shirts, souvenirs, food, clothing, and just about anything you could think up. Most run by Middle Eastern looking people. I looked at a lot of places and I bought a scarf for my mom and neon framed mirrored sunglasses for myself I also got a scoop of banana ice cream! The ice cream here is so good!! Banana is my favorite!! 
We met the scope small group at 6:20 PM by the train station. So we caught the train back towards the hotel and went to café latte for the group dinner. They reserved a bunch of tiny tables on the patio for us kind of defeating the purpose of a group dinner. Alan, Elizabeth, and die set the table in the corner. Unfortunately, Nick and his smoking/drinking clan set at the table next to us. So that was not fun. I ordered the Pollo Frito which was a mound of couscous and three chicken legs. It was good, but I cut the skin off of the chicken. Then I ordered a basket of homemade chips. The waitress was getting super frustrated waiting on all 24 of us, but that was her job so I wasn't too worried. Then we went to do laundry at the wash center. It was seven euros for a "big" (normal sized) washer. All of my clothes fit into one but stuffing it that full made me nervous. I like to do it right and not have that many clothes in there. The machine gave a large cup of powder for the washing, it made my clothes really soft! We finished doing laundry around 10:20 PM, only took an hour! So we took her close back to the hotel and then I went with Alan, so he wasn't going alone, to the westbahnhof to use the Wi-Fi we were there for close or more than an hour. Then we headed back to the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.