10:00-12:00 Reflections on Jewish Vienna and Holocaust Poetry
2:30pm meet at opera, talk about mapping
5:30pm House of Music
Work on Mapping Project
This morning everyone came into our room for the discussion about yesterday's adventures. We sort of had a little bit of a history lesson, history is not my favorite.
Then we went to the westbahnhof to figure out the free weekend and the amount of info we found out was overwhelming. We kind of decided at that point we were just going to go to Hallstatt for one day and stay in town for the other day. So we grabbed a quick lunch and I just got a ham and cheese sandwich, we had to eat quickly. I was in a blah mood because of all of the decisions. Then we caught the U-Bahn to meet outside of the state Opera House for a discussion on the mapping project. We got some ice cream, I got strawberry! We also got some more trinkwasser! Then we went to the house of music. I was really excited to be going there it was going to be my favorite place I was sure of it! I didn't get to experience it as fully as I wanted to because of everyone crowding around me and the group walking through the museum, but I still enjoyed myself.After that we went with our small mapping groups to our areas. My groups area was a park in the middle of the city, Stadtpark.
My group is Anna and Jacob. It was really a neat park. Not like our parks at home. Modern, popular, but old statues, it was really crowded, but everyone was spread out on the lawn. I really enjoy looking at everyone there to see what they were doing.
We observed about half the park and two hours. Then we caught the train back to the hotel, dropped stuff off and Alyssa, Jacob, and I went to find food. We ended up finding a nice little pizza place not far from the hotel Don Alberto. I got a Hawaiian pizza for about seven euros and it was delicious! So we got back to the hotel around 9:30 PM. I worked with Katie and Alan on the presentation, and we didn't finish until after 12:15am because I was distracting everyone. Including me sticking some gummy bears up my nose to block the smoke smell in the lobby...unfortunately someone took a picture...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.