[planned itinerary]
9:30-11:30am Sigmund Freud's house
1:30-5:30pm Jewish Museum, Medieval Synagogue, Alfred Hrdlicka memorial, and Rachel Whiteread's Shoah memorial
This morning we met the whole group in the lobby at 9:30 AM. We walked and rode to the Freud Museum, had a 40 minute talk, only to go inside and find out our group is too large and we have to come back later.
So then we walked to the Judenplatz and talked about the Lessing statue.
We broke out for lunch, so our small group walk to the Stephansplatz for lunch. We ate at Café Europe and sat outside. The weather was so nice out! I ordered sausage wrapped in bacon with fries, it was so good! And Apple juice! And we got ice cream after! I got strawberry, banana, and chocolate and a waffle cone! Man it was so freaking delicious!We walked around in the town a little more, and into a souvenir shop by Albertinaplatz. I bought my dad a super cool mug! I'm really excited about it, I hope he really likes it! It is handmade, looks old, and is just way cool!
We met the whole group at Albertinaplatz to talk about five monuments. They were all really intense for a town Square, but also important to notice. Reminding those of the tragic events of the Holocaust.We then walked to the Judenplatz again to look at another monument, that was a rectangular shaped building. The sides had concentration camps listed on there, and the walls looks like books, with the binding inward so we don't know the titles/names and interesting way to display it!
Then we went into the Jewish Museum, which was interesting in that it wasn't clear what it was telling us about. Jews in Vienna? It was two rooms of small display cases of artifacts. And then we got to see the foundation of the oldest Jewish synagogue in the area, which was under the monument outside, but inside the museum.We left there and walked back to the Freud Museum. They let us in this time. It was in the location of his home before he was exiled from Vienna. It was kind of interesting, but not enough cool fact kind of stuff for me. But I enjoyed seeing the couch and mirror and all of the photos of his home.

We also went to the Billa grocery store inside train station! I bought some kid drink that looked like apple juice but didn't taste like it. Case it kind of like water, but not. Apparently it was watered down apple juice... So then we caught the U-Bahn back and there were three total trains to get back to our stop. I was so glad to get back to the hotel for the night and he been such a long day.Katie I want to know I worked on our art presentation in the lobby. It took a while because Alan and I were both kind of loopy from being so tired. Alyssa sat with us some too, we were laughing about nonsense. So finally around 11:30 PM we finished up.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.